2. If possible, locate a picture of the teacher to show to your child before the child enters the school.. if at all possible do it now.
3. Associate your child's "new" teacher with something your child likes (e.g., Ms. ? has Lego's in her room... Ms. ? has books on weather...etc. --- of course, make sure the teacher actually has the item of interest).
4. If possible, meet the teacher before the "meet the teacher night" (this can be via a phone call or email).
5. Make a decision to work with the teacher... it benefits your child.
6. Find out the classroom & school rules. Practice these with your child before he enters the school.
7. Recognize and praise your child for behaviors that will benefit him/her at school (e.g., waiting in line, sitting on chair, asking for a break, using an alternative communication system, etc.).
8. Begin using a daily schedule and/or calendar. See examples below...